Dedicated Criminal Defense For The People Of The Roanoke Valley
When you are facing criminal charges, whether for a simple misdemeanor or serious felony, it is important that you do everything possible to protect your rights. At the Law Office of Patrick J. Kenney, I am dedicated to fighting for you. I will give you an honest assessment of your situation and do everything I can to defend you in negotiations with the prosecutor and in the courtroom.
If you are facing criminal charges in Virginia, I am prepared to provide the aggressive defense representation you need. I believe that everyone deserves a strong defense. No matter what type of charge you may be facing, I will develop effective arguments designed to resolve the case in your favor.
I Can Represent You In A Wide Range Of Criminal Matters
I have extensive experience defending clients against a variety of charges, including:
- Traffic violations, including DUI/DWI, reckless driving, speeding tickets, following too closely, failure to maintain control, driving on revoked or suspended license, and driving after being declared a habitual offender
- Violent crimes, including child abuse, assault, battery, malicious wounding, murder, manslaughter, kidnapping and arson
- Homicide, including first- and second-degree murder and manslaughter
- Property crimes, including robbery, theft, breaking and entering, petit larceny, grand larceny, destruction of property
- Sex crimes, including rape, child pornography, sexual assault, Internet sex crimes, sodomy, child abuse and neglect
- White collar crimes, including fraud, forgery, embezzlement and obtaining money by false pretenses
- Drug charges, including drug possession, possession with intent to distribute and manufacturing
- Gun charges, including possession of concealed weapons, possession of firearms by a convicted felon, use of a firearm in commission of a felony, concealed weapons charges and unlawful discharge of a weapon
- Federal offenses, including conspiracy, drug crimes, fraud, sex crimes, weapons offenses and capital murder
- Defense representation for college students, including drug crimes, DUI/DWI and sex offenses, among others
During your free initial consultation, I will work with you to gain a complete understanding of your situation and coordinate your preliminary hearing or first appearances. I handle criminal cases in all city and state courts throughout the Roanoke area as well as federal appeals courts.